RE: OUD high availability

From: Kemnitz, LeRoy <leroy.kemnitz_at_uwss.wisconsin.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 13:46:49 +0000

Thanks!!

LeRoy Kemnitz
Database Administrator, UW-Shared Services Information Technology

780 Regent Street, Madison, WI, 53715
608.265.5775 | 711 (Wisconsin Relay)
leroy.kemnitz_at_uwss.wisconsin.edu<mailto:leroy.kemnitz_at_uwss.wisconsin.edu> | uwss.wisconsin.edu<http://uwss.wisconsin.edu/> [Pic]

From: niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2019 4:15 AM To: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger_at_gmail.com> Cc: Kemnitz, LeRoy <leroy.kemnitz_at_uwss.wisconsin.edu>; Oracle-L_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: OUD high availability

If you are serving one site (it sounds like you are) then Martin's solution makes perfect sense.

If you have geographically dispersed users, then you may wish to put an OUD in each location fronted by a load balancer that is geographically aware.

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 7:15 AM Martin Berger <martin.a.berger_at_gmail.com<mailto:martin.a.berger_at_gmail.com>> wrote: LeRoy,

OUD in bidirectional replication is the way to go. You can avoid the load balancer as you can put all OUDs into your ldap.ora: DIRECTORY_SERVERS=(ldap-server:389, raffles:400:636) https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/oracle-database/19/netrf/directory-usage-parameters-in-ldap-ora-file.html#GUID-17799FAF-C43B-436F-B826-292392825801

hth,
 Martin

Am Mi., 23. Okt. 2019 um 19:29 Uhr schrieb Kemnitz, LeRoy <leroy.kemnitz_at_uwss.wisconsin.edu<mailto:leroy.kemnitz_at_uwss.wisconsin.edu>>: Folks,

I am looking for some advice on how to set up this high availability OUD environment. We are currently running OID 11 on a single Oracle Linux 7.2 physical server. This is a single point of failure so we are looking at creating this new env.

We are looking at using VMware Oracle Linux 7.*, Oracle ASM 12.2, and Oracle RAC. I am planning on setting up a 2 node RAC to start and can scale up if needed later. For OUD, I was planning on adding 2 servers with OUD 12 installed on each and replicating to each other. I was then going to add a load balancer – OVD proxy server – to the front end to handle the failover.

What are people doing for high availability for OVD proxy server?

LeRoy

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA