Re: Autoupgrade analyze failing on UTLRP_RUN_SERIAL

From: Rich J <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 19:19:43 -0500

On 2019/10/10 13:32, Martin Berger wrote:

> If this doesn't help, please raise a SR at MOS. The people coding autoupgrade.jar are very interested in any feedback.
> If you don't have access to MOS, you can try to reach Mike Dietrich. Sometimes his reply might be delayed as he is kind of over-utilized. But he is also very interested to iron out such issues.
>
> If for any reason you decide against autoupgrade.jar, please have a look at latest preupgrade utilities - How to Download and Run Oracle's Database Pre-Upgrade Utility (Doc ID 884522.1 [1]).
> At least it will help to identify if your upgrade will work at all (or what needs to be fixed upfront).

I would raise an SR, but frankly I don't have months to wait for a resolution (the MTTR on my SRs over the last 7 years is ~4 months).

And, yes, the pre-upgrade util is the first line in my fallback plan, followed by DBUA, which worked well for me this past year.

Thanks for the feedback, Martin!

Rich

Links:

[1] https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocContentDisplay?id=884522.1