RE: How to trace the root cause of "SQL*Net more data to client" for only few executions of a query

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2019 13:33:17 -0400

and (not but) are different client programs or client locations the “catchers” of the data?

if different, seeing if the slow ones are consistently of a type could be useful in diagnosis and prevention.

a VLAN with no real QOS (even if configured and promised) can also correlate with this, especially if the physical LAN is used for video.

mwf

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Dominic Brooks Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2019 1:16 PM To: krishsingh.111_at_gmail.com
Cc: ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: How to trace the root cause of "SQL*Net more data to client" for only few executions of a query

What arraysize is being used ? What’s the average row size?

https://blog.tanelpoder.com/2008/02/10/sqlnet-message-to-client-vs-sqlnet-more-data-to-client/

Sent from my iPhone

On 9 Oct 2019, at 17:32, kunwar singh <krishsingh.111_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Listers,

Our customer have one job which runs daily and one of the sqls which executes like 500 times had 5 odd executions where it runs slower and most of the time is being spent on "SQL*Net more data to client" . Normal run times are like few seconds and the longer run times are like 1 hour or so.

For other executions we dont see that wait event being a problem.

What kind of tracing can we do to go in depth of the issue. I want to be sure before i suggest some tuning at SDU sizing level etc.

Because we cannot predict when the slow run of the query will happen we cannot wait for it and then run strace etc exactly at that time ,Basically we will have to automate the tracing step.

--

Cheers,
Kunwar

--