Re: Linux

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2019 18:15:31 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Nenad,
I would definitely go with OEL and VMware or OEL and hardware.

I personally would avoid OVM as much as possible because it is very hard (or almost impossible) to find people in this area if you are in trouble (e.g. https://twitter.com/OracleSK/status/1128650299793727490) and in addition I also heard that it is very hard to find good trainings for it.

In case of VMware you have a pool of very good people in background (e.g. Yvonne Murphy and her team at VMware in Cork, Ireland). Regarding the cloud please also think about the new agreement between Oracle and VMware, e.g. https://www.datacenterknowledge.com/oracle/vmware-oracle-cloud-what-you-need-know

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Independent Oracle performance consultant and researcher Website: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK