Quick (hopefully) pl/sql cursor question

From: Sweetser, Joe <JSweetser_at_icat.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 17:26:15 +0000

Greetings,

Does anyone know exactly when an explicit cursor is initialized in pl/sql? I understand I may need to supply more info, but I am no pl/sql wizard and don't know exactly what info is needed.

I have a package with multiple procedures. One those procedures contains additional procedures. And one of those additional procedures has some cursors. Sorta like this:

Package
- procedure1

Would the cursors be initialized when procedure3 is called or when procedure3a is called? I would guess procedure3a but the developer is seeing some weirdness where it looks like it's when procedure3 is called.

There is no explicit "open cursor" call. It is used in a for loop, so I think oracle opens it automagically. But, again, I am trying to determine the initialization. When is the cursor loaded with data?

Any/all ideas/suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
-joe

This e-mail transmission and any attachments that accompany it may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law and is intended solely for the use of the individual's to whom it was intended to be addressed. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, or you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use or retention of this communication or its substance is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately reply to the author via e-mail that you received this message by mistake and also permanently delete the original and all copies of this e-mail and any attachments from your computer. Please note that coverage cannot be bound or altered by sending an email. You must receive written confirmation from a representative of our firm to put coverage in force or make changes to an existing policy.
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Sep 27 2019 - 19:26:15 CEST

Original text of this message