Re: Problem with ORACLEASM SCANDISKS

From: Mark J. Bobak <mark_at_bobak.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 17:48:07 -0400

Hi Sallie,

I'm mostly on to AFD (ASM Filter Driver) now, so it's been a while since I ran ASMLib, and even longer since I was on RAC.

But, if 'oracleasm scandisks' doesn't work, I can think of a could of things to try:

1.) what if you do 'oracleasm scandisks /dev/sda1 /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdc1', where /dev/sda1, /dev/sdb1/ /dev/sdc1 are the newdisks you're adding? That should make it much faster, not having to scan all the disks, just the one(s) you have recently added.
2.) What if you first do a 'sudo /sbin/partprobe', then try the scandisks?

-Mark