Re: Suggestions for updating Jonathon Lewis' upper bound stat adjustment script for 12c?

From: Neil Chandler <neil_chandler_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 10:26:22 +0000

I've not checked but I'd expect that if you disable hybrid histograms, they will be replaced by height-balanced histograms? Ugh.

regards

Neil Chandler

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de> Sent: 25 September 2019 06:48
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Re: Suggestions for updating Jonathon Lewis' upper bound stat adjustment script for 12c?

Hello Jay,
just for completeness - you can control it with DBMS_STATS and option ENABLE_HYBRID_HISTOGRAMS, e.g. described here: https://antognini.ch/2015/01/restrict-the-query-optimizer-through-optimizer_features_enable-and-top-frequency-hybrid-histograms/

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Independent Oracle performance consultant and researcher Website: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK