RE: SQL Plan confusion

From: Christian Antognini <Christian.Antognini_at_trivadis.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2019 09:44:40 +0000

Hi Paul

> It says it is using dynamic sampling, but with level=2 I thought this should only be done for tables without stats?
> There are no tables without stats in this schema.

The database instance is using the level 11, not 2 (and, yes, it's because of the SPD). If you ask me, it's a bug. If you ask Oracle, they are "unsure", Or better, at some point it wasn't considered a bug, they close it. But then they reopened it and, after some time, it seems that they want to close it again... So, not sure how development actually consider it as we are speaking ;-)

For details see bug 21260111 (OUTLINE DATA REFLECTING WRONG INFORMATION RELATED TO DYNAMIC SAMPLING) in MOS.

HTH
Chris