Anyway of specifying lifetime when tracing SQL_ID?

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 20:13:15 -0400

I can trace an error and specify number of occurrences that I want traced:

SQL> alter session set events '942 trace name errorstack lifetime 3, level 12';
Session altered.

That will only trace next  3 "table not found" errors.

I know that I can do something like this:

SQL> alter session set events='sql_trace[sql: 77hjjr9qgwtzm] level 16'; Session altered.

However, when I try using lifetime with sql_id syntax, it doesn't work. Is it possible to trace just first invocation of that SQL? The problem is that the SQL I am interested in is executed in a loop and I don't want a ginormous trace file.

--

Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant

--