Re: script command - linux

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 09:30:41 -0700

+1 for screen, it is indispensable

I first discovered screen about 1994 (yes, I have really been around that long, as have several others here :) and found it a most valuable utility.

When I first found out about it, I was looking for a utility to do just what it does. This was not pre -WWW, but it was still in its infancy.

There was no google.

altavista.com (or altavista.digital.com) was still in its infancy, so searching was a rather more arduous task.

ie. I had to visit a bookstore and library ;)

screen also has a logging feature if you need it..

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Principal Consultant at Pythian
Pythian Blog
http://www.pythian.com/blog/author/still/ Github: https://github.com/jkstill