Re: set events: control the number of sessions that dump trace

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 12:09:44 -0700

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 10:35 AM Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Jared, Oracle will always dump trace for ORA-01555 and ORA-00060 (snapshot
> too old and deadlock). Also, trace will be dumped for ORA-00600 and
> ORA-07445. There is no need to trap snapshot too old separately. As for
> limiting the number of session that will report the error, this error
> normally happens very infrequently so it's not like you should be getting
> it every 10 seconds.

Not sure which version you may have seen this happen on, but ORA-1555 definitely not dumping a trace on 12.1.0.2

Normally this infrequent. In this case I believe there is a bug.

Probably it is not normal for a query to encounter ORA-1555 when the query has executed < 1 second, and no UNDO blocks are in use.

This query for instance: 'select * from all_users', or even 'select * from dual'

Both pretty strange, and I saw 3946 of them yesterday

Jared