RAC-12.2 & July DBRU

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2019 12:27:40 -0400

I have Oracle RAC 12.2 with DBRU for April 2019 installed, on top of Oracle Linux 7.6. I tried installing DBRU for July 2019, file

p29708720_122010_Linux-x86-64.zip, but the installation failed. The opatchauto was unable to load ACFS drivers and the installation was failing. It suggested reboot, which I did twice, but it has still failed. Eventually, I gave up and restored snapshots for both VM's and got the configuration into a working state. The installer was failing with the status 42. That did answer the question of life, universe and everything but did not install the patch. I decided to wait for October DBRU.
--

Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant

--