Re: ZDLRA Backup

From: Gabriel Hanauer <gabriel.hanauer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 12:09:01 -0300

Hello,

You are right, there's no backup agent for zdlra. Backup team installed the backup agent for oracle. We are not backing up the disk groups.
We created the media manager library, like below, and created the copy-to-media jobs.
It backups the backuppieces as it should be.

Edit the Media Manager and configure it to use the libobk.so library.

Like these one:
[image: image.png]

Another caveat: LanFree did not work and is not supported using the oracle agent. If you want to plug in your backup devices directly into the compute nodes using fiber channel, you have to use OSB.

Regards,

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 4:42 AM Leng <lkaing_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Ooh, how are you doing this? Is there something like Tivoli backup agent
> for zdlra?
>
> As far I know, the backuppieces are in Zdlra which are in turn stored in
> ASM. How are you interfacing with zdlra to get the backuppieces onto
> tivoli?
>
> Or are you backing up the Asm dikgroups directly from the zdlra compute
> nodes to tivoli?
>
> Yeah, any customization on zdlra has to be redone after patching...
>
> Cheers,
> Leng
>
> On 31 Jul 2019, at 7:55 am, Gabriel Hanauer <gabriel.hanauer_at_gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> We have TSM Tivoli installed on both compute nodes sending backups to the
> backup server.
>
> We are using it directly, without osb.
>
> We have a problem in the last patching. Linux was upgraded and all TSM
> packages were deinstalled before patching.
> We had to reinstall it after the patching.
>

> Em ter, 30 de jul de 2019 16:57, Leng <lkaing_at_gmail.com> escreveu:
>
>> We’ve got commvault backing up the file system on zdlra. But we are
>> sending backuppieces on zdlra to osb.
>>
>> I would be interested to hear if anyone are sending the zdlra
>> backuppieces to anything other than osb, eg. Commvault, and how is this
>> done.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Leng
>>
>> > On 30 Jul 2019, at 2:29 am, Seth Miller <sethmiller.sm_at_gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > For those of you with ZDLRA, are you running a third party backup agent
>> on the compute nodes? If so, what products are you using?
>> >
>> > Seth
>> --

Gabriel Hanauer