SQL Server Question

From: Scott Canaan <srcdco_at_rit.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 08:36:02 +0000

Since I'm not on a SQL Server list and I know many of you also support SQL Server, I'll ask my question here.

I have a SQL Server 2016 SP2 instance. It is configured for AlwaysOn. I used the new "automatic seeding" to add databases to the AlwaysOn group. It looks like it created a new database in the primary, called BackupLocDb_3b869e89-f689-4ca8-a08b-f99fbb1d67d2 (Restricted User). I want to remove this, as I think it's done with it, but want to make sure it's not going to mess things up. This is a production database.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Scott Canaan '88
Sr Database Administrator
Information & Technology Services
Finance & Administration
Rochester Institute of Technology
o: (585) 475-7886 | f: (585) 475-7520
srcdco_at_rit.edu<mailto:srcdco_at_rit.edu> | c: (585) 339-8659

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.