Re: script command - linux

From: Orion ten <orionten_at_outlook.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 00:42:06 +0000

Alternative, I use below command for time consuming scripts. nohup /path_of_dbupgrade_script &

AB.d

Regard,

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of Howard Latham <howard.latham_at_gmail.com> Sent: Saturday, July 20, 2019 3:15:07 PM To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: script command - linux

Oracle 11.2.04
Linux rh el7
I've always found the script command a good way to record all activity but ... Never had problems before but i tried a dbupgrade using the script command It hung with a few errors. I am told by a very good consultant that you cant run an upgrade inside the script command. Is this correct? Does anyone have any good notes on this problem I have found a small amount of info saying that some utils dont write to stdout with a script session. Best Wishes

Howard A. Latham