Dynamic listener registration of 12.2 database with 12.1 listener

From: S Mahadevan <sundarmahadevan82_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 10:04:49 -0700

Hi All,
Greetings of the day. I am trying to dynamically register a 12.2 database with 12.1 linux on RHEL 7.6. Anyone has this configuration working? Since the 12.2 database will be moved in a couple weeks to its own server, I want to keep the listener on 12.1 version. select type, value from v$listener_network where TYPE='LOCAL LISTENER'; shows the correct default listener on port 1521, but lsnrctl services/status on 12.1 home, do not show as listening for service of 12.2 database. Any ideas/suggestions? Tried dynamic registration tracing but no luck so far. Any help is much appreciated.