RE: Data Guard Question

From: Scott Canaan <srcdco_at_rit.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 19:23:40 +0000

I have not tried to drop and recreate the configuration.

I got the database to be recognized by CC by deleting it from CC and re-adding it. At least now it knows it’s up. When I go to Availability, It only displays “Add Standby Database”. If I click on that, then hit cancel on the next page, it will take me to the Data Guard status page, which shows it is in error.

The DG log file on the primary node has rows and rows of: Site DGRDTSTB returned ORA-16733. I looked that error up and all I can find is to “install logical standby packages and re-issue the request”. Not exactly helpful.

Scott Canaan ‘88
Sr Database Administrator
Information & Technology Services
Finance & Administration
Rochester Institute of Technology
o: (585) 475-7886 | f: (585) 475-7520
srcdco_at_rit.edu<mailto:srcdco_at_rit.edu> | c: (585) 339-8659

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com> Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 3:04 PM
To: Scott Canaan <srcdco_at_rit.edu>
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Data Guard Question

Did you go into dgmgrl and drop and re-create the configuration? What does the log for the cc agent say? Can you see anything in the alert log for the primary or standby database that shows anything? Is there anything in the data guard broker log on either the primary or standby? Does the data guard configuration work without using the broker?

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 1:50 PM Scott Canaan <srcdco_at_rit.edu<mailto:srcdco_at_rit.edu>> wrote: I just created a new database and use Cloud Control 13c to create a data guard database and configuration. All seemed to work until the data guard job completed and now my primary database is messed up in CC. It is giving the error: Metric evaluation error start - Get dynamic property error,Computation of a critical dynamic property failed. Retries Completed.

And I can’t get the data guard configuration to work in dgmgrl. It says that it has a stale configuration. I’ve tried everything I can find online to fix these issues (I believe they are related), with no success.

On the server that houses CC, I tried using: emctl reload agent dynamicproperties <dbname>:oracle_database

and it just comes back with a message saying the database doesn’t exist.

How can adding a standby database screw this up? I can’t figure out how to fix it without starting over. This is the sixth attempt at doing this and each time something goes wrong – I’ve run across two bugs and have the workarounds for those. It’s getting very frustrating.

The database version is 12.1.0.2 on Linux.

--

Andrew W. Kerber

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Jun 19 2019 - 21:23:40 CEST

Original text of this message