Re: Has anyone used Rimini Street for Oracle Support?

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 15:50:21 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Jay,
got the same discussion about it on a different (closed) list.

I was curious because Rimini Street and me got kind of the same business model but I do not claim that you can cancel Oracle support. Nobody knew anybody who use their services and their claims like „For a few products, like Oracle Database for example, we provide support using a variety of techniques to solve problems including changes to properties and configuration files, system tools, data clean-up scripts and frequently it is a simply a question of educating around best practices. The bottom line is we have never had an issue we couldn’t address.“ seem strange as they are not able to fix several types of new ORA-600 errors for example.

!AD! However I might be bias but you may be want to check out my PAYG services in case of mission critical problems and if the classic Oracle support way is not very productive - https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6524938429870936064 !AD!

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Independent Oracle performance consultant and researcher Website: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK