Re: New instance(s) setup question

From: Tom Dale <tom.dale_at_fivium.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2019 17:07:30 +0100

Bill,

If you have already established you can run on SE2 and you can do the migration (exp/imp)
Why don't you do that now?

For a single socket physical machine you only need 1 license for Standard Edition

Oracle Database Standard Edition 2 (Processor; 1 Year) US$3,500.00 Software Update License and Support (First Year) US$3,850.00

Total: US$7,350.00 (Full list price) for a Termed license with full support.

You would pay US$7,350.00 per year, no up front costs.

That's US$612.5/month

And to simplify things more,
script backup as a shutdown and cold file copy, Any SysAdmin could do a file copy restore. As you said you don't need to be accessible during non-duty hours?

Tom