Re: Simple Insert - very slow

From: Sanjay Mishra <"Sanjay>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 22:25:11 +0000 (UTC)

 Need to view some Videos of yours to understand snapper. Jonathan above provided some good interpretation based on snapper information shared with him. TxSanjay On Monday, May 20, 2019, 9:45:15 PM EDT, Tanel Poder <tanel_at_tanelpoder.com> wrote:

 Adding a comment regarding Snapper runtime: This is a RAC database, when using Snapper without the _at_instance_number syntax, it uses V$SESSION and other V$ views, for example:
_at_snapper all 5 1 SID
_at_snapper all 5 1 username=BLAH

When using Snapper with _at_instance_number syntax, it uses GV$ views:
_at_snapper all 5 1 SID_at_2
_at_snapper all 5 1 username=BLAH_at_2

Depending on the filter conditions (_at_RAC instance syntax and not looking just for one SID) may make the data collection GV$ queries somewhat more complicated and they make take some time. Btw, usually I run snapper for 5 seconds (or more)... --Tanel Poderhttps://blog.tanelpoder.com/seminar/

On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 7:01 AM Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> wrote:

Sanjay,

I don't use snapper often enough to be sure of exactly how it works, but your figures for a "1 second single snapshot" suggest that it took nearly 2 seconds to do a one second snapshot - which could indicate that the machine is overloaded and work outside the work you are doing is impacting in your attempt to load data.