Re: Simple Insert - very slow

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_tanelpoder.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 21:44:07 -0400

Adding a comment regarding Snapper runtime:

This is a RAC database, when using Snapper without the _at_instance_number syntax, it uses V$SESSION and other V$ views, for example:

_at_snapper all 5 1 *SID*
_at_snapper all 5 1 username=BLAH

When using Snapper with _at_instance_number syntax, it uses GV$ views:

_at_snapper all 5 1 *SID*_at_2
_at_snapper all 5 1 username=BLAH_at_2

Depending on the filter conditions (_at_RAC instance syntax and not looking just for one SID) may make the data collection GV$ queries somewhat more complicated and they make take some time. Btw, usually I run snapper for 5 seconds (or more)...

--
Tanel Poder
https://blog.tanelpoder.com/seminar/