Re: Memory needed for upgrade to 18c

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2019 10:54:24 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Thanh,

to point 1) Even if you have not changed any parameter you might have an increase in PGA usage as PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET is just a soft-limit and you get different execution plans with more PGA usage, etc.

to point 2) The idea is already simple as you don't need to check all processes. Just grep one from a 12.1.0.2 instance and grep the same process (e.g. a plain connected process/session without any workload) from a 18c instance and compare with svmon. That's it.

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Independent Oracle performance consultant and researcher Website: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK