Re: How to Install Oracle 12 Client in Existing Oracle Home

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 07:37:48 -0700

12.2 does not coexist well with 12.1

I needed 12.2 and 18c clients.

Docker was the solution, at least for me, as i just wanted to use a sqlplus client of the appropriate version.

Properly configured, docker is indistinguishable from sqlplus.

https://blog.pythian.com/how-to-use-oracle-instant-client-docker-images/

https://blog.pythian.com/how-to-create-an-oracle-18c-client-image-in-docker/

--
Jared Still