Re: Help with moving from Glassfish 4.1.1 to Oracle WebLogic Server 12.2.1.3.0

From: Mark J. Bobak <mark_at_bobak.net>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 17:21:38 -0400

Hi LS,

Thanks again for the pointers. Do you know about Glasfish? Is a domain in WLS similar to a domain in Glassfish?

Or is it more likely that a WLS managed server is like a domain?

Ultimately, I need to deploy multiple 'ords.war' files, for different apps, configured to talk to different databases.

So, do I create one domain, say 'base_domain', and create multiple managed servers under it, and deplpy an 'ords.war' into each managed server?

Or have multiple domains, and deploy one 'ords.war' file per domain?

Thanks!

-Mark