Re: Help with moving from Glassfish 4.1.1 to Oracle WebLogic Server 12.2.1.3.0

From: Ls Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 21:35:09 +0200

Hi Mark

Quick explanation.

After installation you have to create domains, during domain creation you can create managed server.

https://docs.oracle.com/en/middleware/lifecycle/12.2.1.3/wldcw/creating-weblogic-domain.html#GUID-0806FAE0-74B4-4D28-A407-9C560CC8C009

https://docs.oracle.com/en/middleware/lifecycle/12.2.1.3/asadm/scaling-your-environment.html#GUID-A8CF8AFE-7044-4162-83FD-DED75D3A05E7

The domain is like database and managed server like a schema, in database terms. A default domain without any managed server creates by default the administration server, if you create new managed server are new weblogic instances.

After domain and managed server creation you get these scripts

$DOMAIN_HOME/bin/startWebLogic.sh ===> this starts the administration server $DOMAIN_HOME/bin/startManagedWebLogic.sh ===> this starts the managed server

I learnt all when working with Forms & Reports :-)

BR