Help with moving from Glassfish 4.1.1 to Oracle WebLogic Server 12.2.1.3.0

From: Mark J. Bobak <mark_at_bobak.net>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 15:24:08 -0400

Hi all,

I've been working with APEX/ORDS/Glassfish for years, but recently, I tried the latest version of Glassfish, 5.1.0, no longer under control of Oracle, and was having a deployment error with ords.war. (Something about CDI...?)

Anyhow, I know latest version of ORDS still supports Glassfish, but it's deprecated, and the days are numbered.

So, I thought, no time like the present, let's try Oracle WebLogic Server.

So, first, while I'm quite comfortable with Oracle Database, I have *zero* experience with Oracle WebLogic Server. So, I was poking round the web, and I found this, which I downloaded:
https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/weblogic/downloads/wls-main-097127.html

I managed to get it installed (I think), but I can't figure out what to do, how to start it and start working with it. As I said, I have *no* experience with WebLogic Server. FYI, when I indtsalled it, there weere three options, "WebLogic",'Coherence", and "Complete with Examples", or something like that. I installed the first option, "WebLogic".

I found a document, which said to do 'startWebLogic.sh' to start it, but I have no such file in my newly installed Oracle home.

Can someone give me a clue, or possibly a link to some documentation that will hold my hand and outline *exactly* what to do in which order?

Thanks!

-Mark

PS I find this all very confusing, particularly the part about WebLogic being part of Fusion Middelware? Anyhow, when you respond, please do so as if I were a clueless idiot, because when it comes to WebLogic Server, I pretty much am!

PPS Yes, I'm finally back at work. I did work from home last week, and this Monday, and I've been in the office since Tuesday. I'm still not 100%, but I'm definitely feeling better.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu May 16 2019 - 21:24:08 CEST

Original text of this message