RE: DG with EBS on EE

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2019 11:38:16 -0400

Is this “or make sure that the database structure is flat” strange English for a single pluggable database in a container, or does it mean something completely different?

mwf

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Kerber Sent: Monday, May 06, 2019 10:47 AM
To: Mladen Gogala
Cc: ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: DG with EBS on EE

That information sounds wrong on the face of it. The normal license allows for a single pluggable db without paying for the pluggable feature.

On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 9:20 AM Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> wrote:

I am having curious case right now. A customer of mine is running Oracle 12.1.0.2 on Oracle Linux and has cloned his single pluggable database to the development environment. Oracle rep told the client that now he has to either purchase the multi-tenant license or make sure that the database structure is flat. I tried transportable tablespaces, but not even with all users created before hand was it able to pick up all the objects. It looks that Oracle has adopted a policy to charge separately for anything that is useful.

On 5/6/19 9:41 AM, Mark W. Farnham wrote:

Finally, check your CONTRACT, and do not rely on the words of any salesman. While it is a “nice to have” that your salesman is in harmony with your CONTRACT, neither a saleswoman nor LMS can change your CONTRACT.

--

Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant

--