Is there a way/hack to allow the query only to run for specified duration in Oracle and kill it.

From: kunwar singh <krishsingh.111_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2019 11:46:08 -0400

Hi Listers,
Small question.

I currently working on a remote database in which i can only pass a query through a tool and i want to kill it after letting it run only for 1 minute
The reason for this is i have to try different underscore parameters at session to check if the issue is fixed or not.

I am looking for any solution which is completely in a single sql . What i pass to the tool is a .sql file , thats all. If you have a simple solution in shell then i will try that one as well. Meaning i can run a shell command like this: !hostname

The query that i want to run is a big select sql , which unfortunately i cannot paste here.

--
Cheers,
Kunwar