Re: GGS_DDL_SEQ on ADG env - weird (new) issue

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 10:27:25 -0500

Although, the trigger itself has this block of code which seems like it would not try to update the sequence:

IF NOT (
(dbRole = 'PRIMARY' OR dbRole = 'LOGICAL STANDBY') AND dbOpenMode = 'READ WRITE'
)
THEN
-- do not write any trace even though it should work as this is standby

                        "GGATE" .DDLReplication.setCtxInfo(-1,-1,-1,-1,-1);

RETURN; -- do not use trigger if not read/write and primary/logical_standby END IF; But then, the Oracle support says this:

*"Also, recommended to have the parameter set in a database role trigger."*

That seems to indicate I could have a database role trigger that disables system triggers on the standby. Very puzzling.

Anyone know the impact of disabling system triggers on a Physical Standby?

Chris