RE: Where is sqldeveloper in 19c ORACLE_HOME?

From: Jeff Smith <jeff.d.smith_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 08:18:15 -0700 (PDT)

I owe you a thank you of sorts, prompted me to write this to clear things up. Links to the java faq and mos note included.

https://www.thatjeffsmith.com/archive/2019/04/oracle-sql-developer-and-the-oracle-jdk-in-2019/

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> Sent: Monday, April 29, 2019 9:52 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Where is sqldeveloper in 19c ORACLE_HOME?

I apologize if that is not true, that was an opinion I've heard over a pint on Saturday. The person who told me that is usually reliable. Can you explain the real reason?

Regards

None of that is true.

From: Mladen Gogala HYPERLINK "mailto:gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com"<gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> Sent: Monday, April 29, 2019 9:35 AM
To: HYPERLINK "mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org"oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: Where is sqldeveloper in 19c ORACLE_HOME?

SQL*Developer is not included. The reason is that functional SQL*Developer requires JDK and new Oracle licensing policy means that they will be charging for JDK. If you want SQL*Developer, you will have to pay for Java. Alternatives are DBeaver CE with OpenJDK and SQL*Squirrel with OpenJDK.

Regards

On 4/29/19 9:22 AM, Bernhard de Cock Buning - GRID-IT wrote:

Hello,

Installed 19c and noticed that sqldeveloper is not part of this distribution? Was this just missed or has Oracle decided not to include sqldeveloper anymore in the oracle_home?

Thanks,
Bernhard

--

Mladen Gogala