RE: Where is sqldeveloper in 19c ORACLE_HOME?

From: Jeff Smith <jeff.d.smith_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 06:54:36 -0700 (PDT)

I already did, see my reply to Bernhard.

Re: your points.

Any Oracle product requiring Java gets to use the Oracle JDK at no additional cost. Both Oracle Database and Oracle SQL Developer requires Java, both get to use the Oracle JDK at no additional cost.

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> Sent: Monday, April 29, 2019 9:52 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Where is sqldeveloper in 19c ORACLE_HOME?

I apologize if that is not true, that was an opinion I've heard over a pint on Saturday. The person who told me that is usually reliable. Can you explain the real reason?

Regards

None of that is true.

From: Mladen Gogala HYPERLINK "mailto:gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com"<gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> Sent: Monday, April 29, 2019 9:35 AM
To: HYPERLINK "mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org"oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: Where is sqldeveloper in 19c ORACLE_HOME?

SQL*Developer is not included. The reason is that functional SQL*Developer requires JDK and new Oracle licensing policy means that they will be charging for JDK. If you want SQL*Developer, you will have to pay for Java. Alternatives are DBeaver CE with OpenJDK and SQL*Squirrel with OpenJDK.

Regards

On 4/29/19 9:22 AM, Bernhard de Cock Buning - GRID-IT wrote:

Hello,

Installed 19c and noticed that sqldeveloper is not part of this distribution? Was this just missed or has Oracle decided not to include sqldeveloper anymore in the oracle_home?

Thanks,
Bernhard

--

Mladen Gogala