Random Name Generator

From: <post.ethan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2019 20:14:46 -0500

This should be fairly trivial using some of the data dictionary tables to parse words from.

https://github.com/moby/moby/blob/master/pkg/namesgenerator/names-generator.go

Anyone know if an Oracle function exists out there that does something like this before I end up writing one?

Which DBA_|USER_|tables/v$views would end up returning the most English-y sounding words to pull from? I don’t want to seed a look up table, just use what is already here.

If you have time to write it I will be posting an open-source PLSQL package of tools 😊 in a week or so and will include it (or a version of it and give you credit). This will be a work in progress. I have a lot in the queue and will take me some time to get it all out there.

Made my first PDB tonight! Hah, give me the Eagles, Boston and Oracle 11 no-rac -here any day of the week. Been two years since I wrote any SQL!

Thanks!

Ethan Ray Post