Re: Oracle for Windows 2019

From: <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2019 08:16:56 +0100

Generally, Oracle only certifies against an O/S that is available and fully supported at the time of the release of the database. So 12.2 is certified against Windows 2016, but 12.1 isn't for example. On that basis, I'd expect 19 to be certified against Windows 2019 but nothing earlier, it's also why 19 which is the end of the 12.2 line never the less won't by the looks of it be certified against RedHat 6.

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 11:58 PM Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Microsoft announced the general availability of Windows Server 2019 in
> October last year:
>

> https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/windowsserver/2018/09/24/windows-server-2019-announcing-general-availability-in-october/
>
> Now, exactly 6 months after the release, there is still a deafening
> silence from Oracle Corp. Which releases will be supported on Windows
> 2019? In particular, will Oracle 12.2 be supported or just Oracle 18c
> and later releases? Does anybody know? I have a client who is salivating
> over Windows 2019 but is also worried about his Oracle database, which
> is 12.2. All I am able to tell him is that I don't know.
>
> Windows 2019 comes with Hyper-V preinstalled, so the only thing I can
> tell him now is to create an OL7 VM and install 12c or later release on
> the Linux VM, but that is not exactly the answer he would be looking for.
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Mladen Gogala
> Database Consultant