Oracle 12.2 RAC & ADG convert physical standby to Snapshot

From: Jack van Zanen <jack_at_vanzanen.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2019 09:26:33 +1100

Hi All

Still learning the differences between single instance and RAC.

We would like to convert our Physical standby to snapshot standby using dgmgrl
there are some documents on MOS about this Data Guard Physical Standby - Converting a Snapshot Standby back to a Physical Standby using Data Guard Broker (Doc ID 1546657.1)

Using Snapshot Standby Database. (Doc ID 443720.1)

But they do not mention anything about RAC and wether I need to do anything with the nodes in the cluster or not.
I have sofar learned that a lot of tasks work much different on RAC than single instance so if someone can shed some light on this that would be awesome.

Thank you

Jack van Zanen

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Thank you for your cooperation

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Apr 04 2019 - 00:26:33 CEST

Original text of this message