RE: Security issues exposing database SID?

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2019 15:48:30 -0400

I would suggest that you provide a standard table with public read only in each database and/or database instance that has a code to publish and maintain an all databases master table in your support repository so that you don't have to publish anything even vaguely hackable.

That's either 1 row 1 column or "the number of instances" rows and two columns (the second being a match to the instance identifier) for each deployment, with a matching record in your central support database for each deployment, presumably with your deployment identifier.

mwf