Re: Cartesian joins

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2019 11:18:41 -0400

Hi Dan,

Cartesian join is still a big red flag because it may mean at least one one full table scan. Cartesian join is a Cartesian product of the row sources involved. I am not quite certain about the optimization and what exactly is being optimized by a Cartesian join.

Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant