Question regarding Oracle listener port change

From: Rakesh Ra <rakeshra.tr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 17:20:12 +0530

Hi All,

We have full rack exadata server X5 version with 11.2.0.4 version DB running on it.. We changed the port number of scan and local listener from 1521 to 1621.
I tried connecting to the database remotely using scan and default service with port 1521 , connection is going through. I also tried connecting to the database using scan and default service using 1621 port as well. With that also I am able to connect. Should I ideally get my connection request with port 1521 rejected with some TNS errors?? Or is this is expected??

Regards,
Rakesh RA