Re: System stats

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 21:06:30 -0400

I agree with Mladen here. It's incredibly annoying that Oracle's official stance is to leave the vales at the default now.

That just tells me that Oracle Corp has lost focus on how the optimizer should perform and has become unwieldy.

Mathematically, it makes sense to always gather system stats to aid the optimizer (where always is do it once during load).

The fact they're saying don't do that is a clear indicator of a problem in the design/implementation of the calculations.

Just my $0.015

Chris