Re: How does Oracle determine how much to extend autoextend datafiles?

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 12:40:25 -0500

Rich,

I just thought the extent management in Oracle in LMT - depending on the size of the segment, Oracle auto determines the next extent size when using automatic space management.

So depending on the size of the segments involved (table, indexes, lobs(?) ) those next extents might have been large.

I think I saw an Oracle support document on the extent size thresholds (based of segment_size) but I can't lay my hands on it at the moment.

Chris