RE: Ctrl C in SQLPlus exits Windows

From: <post.ethan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 10:00:49 -0500

I run VirtualBox with Ubuntu. I mount one of my Windows drives to the Ubuntu image so I can access files. I actually do a lot of development this way. I have worked this way for years and believe it to provide a huge productivity advantage. Plenty of resources if you google but make sure you set up Guest Additions after you install VirtualBox host.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> On Behalf Of Hans Forbrich Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 9:19 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Ctrl C in SQLPlus exits Windows

On 2019-03-12 2:48 PM, Ram K wrote:

Also considering installing Linux on my PC with perhaps vmware or any free virtualization software (any pointers?)

I use both VMWare (Workstation and Fusion) and Oracle VirtualBox on my Windows and MacBook Pros.

Personally I like VirtualBox better for installing Linux VMs on which to try various things like Oracle DB and tools. It is partly a personal preference - for what I do, there is not much technical distiction. And part of the decision is that VirtualBox is open source GPL (no $$$), whereas I seem to get for-fee upgrade notices on the VMWare annually.

And I use Oracle Linux, in large part because it is also available at no fee (while being pretty much 100% compatible with RedHat Linux), and comes with a bunch of extra stuff tailored to installing and running just a smigdge easer (as compared to the other RH clones, such as Centos). I don't mind not putting on my sysadmin hat as often. And the fact that Oracle has a free public YUM site for most s/w updates & security fixes is a huge bonus.

/Hans