RE: Ctrl C in SQLPlus exits Windows

From: Jeff Smith <jeff.d.smith_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 07:57:33 -0700 (PDT)

It’s a zip file, there’s no install

SQLcl will run with pretty much any JRE out there, doesn’t require you to touch your java home

It’s up to you what’s worth what to you of course. Being stuck with SQL*plus to me is worth a LOT to get something better, esp if it’s just a 20mb file to unzip. Managing oracle homes to me is a PITA to avoid if possible.

From: Rich J <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com> Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2019 10:11 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Ctrl C in SQLPlus exits Windows

On 2019/03/10 03:29, Mladen Gogala wrote:

I would try with SQLcl, Java plug in replacement for SQL*Plus. As I use Linux, I am not sure that this will work, but it's worth trying. Jeff Smith can probably tell you more.

I can't believe that I'm the only one with a high aversion to installing any Java tool on Windows, especially if there's Java apps already in use.  The security and version-dependency maintenance is way more work than its worth.

My $.02,
Rich