Re: Oracle Support Getting Worse?

From: John Thomas <jt2354_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 19:10:01 +0000

A pal told me about a recent case where he heard back on a Sev 2 after a week. Oracle Support's solution to recover a no archivelog mode Dev DB with critical test data was to switch on controlfile autobackup to prevent the problem happening next time.

(He'd already recovered the critical data using a tool that was able to write the data out as SQL*Loader files.)

What was that joke about knowing where Microsoft's Redmond office was...?

http://www.rantnroll.com/html/microsoft.html#helicopter

Regards,

John Thomas
Database Designer and Administrator