RE: Ctrl C in SQLPlus exits Windows

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 11:41:20 -0400

ah. using command prompt sqlplus versus the “gui” sqlplus may be effective. Ram, can you switch to the command line version of sqlplus?

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Chris Taylor Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2019 10:39 AM
To: lambu999_at_gmail.com
Cc: ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: Ctrl C in SQLPlus exits Windows

Ram,

Are you executing sqlplus from within another program such as sqldeveloper? (Like execute SQL as a script)

The only time I've seen control-c exit sqlplus is if SQLplus is executed from another program.

If you call sqlplus from the command prompt, I believe Ctrl-C will interrupt as normal. You can save your sql scripts as ".sql" files if you're writing them in a guide and execute script as _at_script or _at_<path to script>/script.sql .

Chris

On Sun, Mar 10, 2019, 1:59 AM Ram K <lambu999_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Installed Oracle in my home Windows PC and playing around with it. But pressing Ctrl-C always exits SQL Plus, when I run queries. grr... Tried searching online and found this:

https://grokbase.com/t/freelists.org/oracle-l/095myarkwd/11g-sqlplus-on-windows-and-ctrl-c

Is there a solution for Ctrl C only to interrupt and not to exit SQL Plus in windows.

--

Thanks,
Ram.

--