More Data Guard Issues

From: Scott Canaan <srcdco_at_rit.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2019 18:23:56 +0000

We are using data guard in a test environment in Oracle 12.1.0.2. Along with that, we are using tablespace encryption. This is causing some problems. When we do a switchover, the new secondary doesn't work because it is getting the error "ORA-28365: wallet is not open" when data guard attempts to apply the logs. Once that error is encountered, the log apply process stops (gives up?).

If you go into the secondary database in SQL*Plus, it says that the wallet is open. After a couple of minutes, we can do a data guard reset and it works. This is not acceptable to the customer. How do we get around this? Someone must have run into this.

Thank you,

Scott Canaan '88
Sr Database Administrator
Information & Technology Services
Finance & Administration
Rochester Institute of Technology
o: (585) 475-7886 | f: (585) 475-7520
srcdco_at_rit.edu<mailto:srcdco_at_rit.edu> | c: (585) 339-8659

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.