RE: Cloud Control 13c & Oracle 11 Databases

From: Scott Canaan <srcdco_at_rit.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 19:10:21 +0000

Not so far. Once I put in the patch below, everything seems to be working fine.

Scott Canaan '88
Sr Database Administrator
Information & Technology Services
Finance & Administration
Rochester Institute of Technology
o: (585) 475-7886 | f: (585) 475-7520
srcdco_at_rit.edu<mailto:srcdco_at_rit.edu> | c: (585) 339-8659

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Michael McMullen Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 2:08 PM To: oracle-l-freelist
Subject: Re: Cloud Control 13c & Oracle 11 Databases

any issues with your 12c databases and metrics against unified_audit_trail?

The one below is a killer.

13.2 EM: "Failed Logins" and "Failed Logins (Historical)" Metrics Keep Running Despite Being Disabled (Doc ID 2459666.1)

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of Jeffrey Beckstrom <jbeckstrom_at_gcrta.org> Sent: February 19, 2019 3:05 PM
To: oracle-l-freelist; srcdco_at_rit.edu Subject: Re: Cloud Control 13c & Oracle 11 Databases

Take a look at EM13c : A Recurring Query In 11.2.0.4 Database has performance issues (SELECT MEDIA FROM V$BACKUP_PIECE_DETAILS) (Doc ID 2235163.1)
>>> Scott Canaan <srcdco_at_rit.edu> 2/19/19 2:26 PM >>>
We are in the process of upgrading to Cloud Control 13c. In the process of testing the agent deployment, an issue has come up with Oracle 11g databases (11.2.0.4). Every 15 minutes the database runs out of temp space. I've increased temp from a maximum of 750M to 1G. The offending SQL is from Cloud Control. It is:

SELECT MEDIA
FROM V$BACKUP_PIECE_DETAILS
WHERE SESSION_KEY=:B3 AND SESSION_RECID=:B2 AND SESSION_STAMP=:B1 AND DEVICE_TYPE = 'SBT_TAPE' AND ROWNUM = 1; The explain plan for this is a mess. Unfortunately, it ends up referencing a bunch of X$ tables in the SYS schema that I can't get to show up in TOAD.

Cloud Control 12c doesn't have this problem. Oracle 12c and 18c databases also don't have this problem. They have a maximum temp file size of 750M and haven't used more than 250M at any one time.

In looking at the script for the v$backup_piece_details view, I see that there is a difference. The 12c version adds "bequeath definer" before the select.

The question is this: should I change the view in the 11g databases, or just allow the temp to grow as big as it needs, or ignore the errors until we upgrade the 11g databases?