Re: Licensing for Oracle Observer Server

From: Neil Chandler <neil_chandler_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 14:24:30 +0000

Indeed - spinning it up in somebody else’s cloud has real merit, even if you’re not in the cloud for your db’s

Neil.
sent from my phone

On 26 Feb 2019, at 11:30, Franck Pachot <franck_at_pachot.net<mailto:franck_at_pachot.net>> wrote:

Hi, just adding that because you don't need to license it, running the observer in a VM can be a good idea (to keep it available if a site is down) Regards,
Franck.

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 9:55 AM Ramnivas Chaurasia <ramnivaschaurasia_at_gmail.com<mailto:ramnivaschaurasia_at_gmail.com>> wrote: Thanks for your inputs!

Regards,
Ramniwas

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 9:27 AM Purav Chovatia <puravc_at_gmail.com<mailto:puravc_at_gmail.com>> wrote: Observer is not a server. It’s a small footprint client.

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 at 8:22 AM, Ramnivas Chaurasia <ramnivaschaurasia_at_gmail.com<mailto:ramnivaschaurasia_at_gmail.com>> wrote: Hello,

Does anyone know if we require separate license for Oracle Observer process/server even though we already have Active DataGuard license? Observer server will be a totally separate server without any Oracle DB running on that. I couldn't find any specific mentioning of Observer server or FSFO in their licensing price list.

Thanks in advance!
Ramniwas

--

Franck Pachot