Re: Oracle 12 : ORA-01950: no privileges on tablespace 'USERS'

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 07:33:53 -0500

Maybe someone has customized the RESOURCE role on version 11 by granting the unlimited tablespace privilege? I've seen that sort of thing quite a few times. Oracle has removed that privilege in version 9i, but the older DBA personnel, with experience on the previous version, sometimes overrides that change and grants all the privileges from the previous versions. I don't like that sort of thing, I usually create a developer role and never grant unlimited tablespace to it.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant