clone creations fails with shared memory realm already exists

From: Jeff Chirco <backseatdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2019 19:05:28 -0800

Ok I am confused. I am trying to make a thin clone of our database from one server to another. Something I have done many times. I use NetApp Snap Manager for Oracle. Oracle EE 12.2.0.1 running on Oracle Linux 7. The clone process is failing with ORA-27100: shared memory realm already exists.

This database does not currently exist. I ran a ps -ef | grep for my database name and no process are found. There is nothing in /etc/oratab. I've tried adding an entry to make sure a database with that name is not running. There is no pfile, spfile, password file. I've checked /dev/shm for any files related to my database name and there is nothing. I don't understand by it thinks shared memory realm already exists. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jeff