Re: Duplicate from active database failing with ORA-19625 , ORA-27037 for archivelogs

From: John Thomas <jt2354_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 21:12:57 +0000

Sandra,

You mention your source is on a remote system, but connect target does not show you connecting to the remote. Maybe there's just some detail missing.

Difficult to see what's going on without the logs.

But are you mounting the active databases archivelogs over NFS or similar? If so, is the path slightly different on the new server?

What does the log say about the controlfile? That's where the records of the logs are so if the controlfile restore has got the wrong version of the controlfile... Specifying log_file_name_convert or db_recovery_file_dest on the duplicate command might help.

Sorry, a bit like flying with half a blindfold on without seeing the logs...

Regards,

John Thomas
Database Designer and Administrator
https://oracleexpert.net