Re: PROD to PERF refresh

From: Sanjay Mishra <"Sanjay>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 23:11:04 +0000 (UTC)

 Mladen
When I am restoring the RMan backup of PROD PDB, I need to restore it on Aux Instance and then unplug using "alter pluggable database pdbname unplug into 'XMLPath' and plug into Existing PERF CDB with required PDB name using "create pluggable database PDBNAME using 'xmlpathfile'  The challenge I had that how I should avoid any Datafile move when creating PDB using XML lke1. Restore the PDB data file while doing RMAn restore into AUX instance into Required PERF Diskgroup location using Convert parameter. 2. When doing "create pluggable database PDBNAME using 'xmlpathfile'  then Should use Move or Copy command If you can share what is best approach to restore big Tb Pluggable database using RMAN backup to replace existing PDB in nonprod Environment. TXSanjay

    On Friday, January 18, 2019, 11:36:35 PM EST, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> wrote:

You can rename pluggable database by changing its global name..

 On 1/18/19 2:34 PM, Sanjay Mishra (Redacted sender smishra_97 for DMARC) wrote:

Hi all
  I am working on automating the process of PROD to PERF refresh for Multitenant environment in 12c R1 (12.1.0.2) where PDB name are different in Prod and Perf So Prod is cdbname ==> CDBP and PDBname ==> PDBP  as Source environment UAT is dcbname==> CDBU and PDBName ==> PDBU as target environment   So looking for some advise in some of the following steps

  • Restore the CDBP/PDBP into AUX instance on UAT Server. HELP Needed: I want that PDBP files should be restored in <Diskgroup>/CDBU/PDBU location instead of <Diskgroup/AuxCDBname/PDBP. So I should use db_file_name_convert or pdb_file_name_convert or so as if both are used then one can take precedence or so. The reason to have restore in <Diskgroup>/CDBU/PDBU location is to have them available at correct location when Plugging PDBP as PDBU and need not to require to move the datafiles and save time
  • Once PDBP restore to Aux instance, Close the PDBP and unplug to XML file
  • Shutdown the Aux Instance
  • Create the PDBU using XML file. Here I need to know how I can make it happen fast like syntax using Copy or move or so.
  • Open the PDBU and completed the refresh
  • Add any Old UAT user as well as other objects required for UAt. Tx Sanjay -- Mladen Gogala Database Consultant Tel: (347) 321-1217